How We Do It
A well-defined product development process keeps everyone involved on the same page. We've found that a proven, scientific, metrics-based, user-centered design process consistently yields the best product for our clients. What this means is that we learn what the audience (your customer) wants from your site, then we build architecture and functionality to streamline those actions.
By developing our websites with Drupal, we are able to put the bulk of our attention to these high-level architecture and usability issues, rather than the nuts and bolts of functionality development.
At Switchback, we see the proven results of our 11-step design philosophy in every website we build:
- Define Your Requirements – We work closely with you and your users to identify the needs for your website.
- Design Your Interface – We can provide expert website design or advise you on an existing layout.
- Create Your Template(s) – We build a standards-compliant, working template built with HTML and CSS.
- Develop Your Information Architecture – We define every page of your site and structure navigation.
- Setup Your Drupal CMS – We install the base Drupal system on your development server.
- Customize Your Drupal CMS – We build and configure features to meet your needs as defined in step 1.
- Input Your Content – We train you to add content to your website, or can offer data input services.
- Quality Test Your New Website – We thoroughly test your website (on multiple browsers and platforms), repairing any bugs and improving performance.
- Train Your Administrators – We train you further in the day-to-day upkeep of your website.
- Launch Your Website – We set up your server and DNS and migrate your website to its final deployment server.
- Maintain & Support Your CMS – We keep your Drupal installation current and provide ongoing support.